Infuse products and ideas with solid visual, informational, and structural design regardless of medium.
Brown University 1994-1998
Rhode Island School of Design 1997-1998
BFA Visual Arts, BA Political Science
Visual Designer, Y!Travel Design Manager, Yahoo! Inc. Jun.2003 - Current
• Interaction and Visual Design for Yahoo! Shopping
• Yahoo! Shopping Holiday 2003 Architecture and Visual Design
• Interaction and Visual Design for Smartsort
• Yahoo! Media Player Architecture and Interaction Design.
• Yahoo! Travel 2004 Architecture, Interaction and Visual Design
Contract Designer, Muse.Net Dec.2002 - Jun.2003
• Re-designed, branded, and produced Muse.Net.
• Re-designed Muse.Net Agent Installer, Options, and System UI.
• Re-designed and branded My.Muse.Net web client.
• Designed Winamp2.9 and 3 Muse.Net component
• Designed banner ads
• Diagrammed Muse.Net services
Senior User Interface and Graphic Design Lead, Abilizer Solutions, Inc. Apr.2000 - Oct.2002
web/desktop application console for enterprise-class presentation layer software.
• Designed product documentation, both written and visual (diagramming).
• Headed in-house marketing design; created typography, print, web, and messaging standards.
• Directed design resources and art-directed corporate site.
• Created print collateral, brochures, and promotional items.
• Designed merchandising/advertising for the subscription offering.
product demonstrations with our web software and in Flash.
• Coordinated and lead design and engineering resources during design and development.
• Created process workflows, user workflows, interaction diagrams, architecture diagrams.
• Facilitated user testing, usability testing, and focus groups.
• Designed and produced client site on the Abilizer software platform.
Graphic Design, User Interface Design, Web Application Developer, Everything-eCommerce Inc. Feb.-Apr.2000
• Designed corporate identity, logo, typeface selection, and colors for subsidiary company.
• Developed process standards for quality assurance (QA).
Director of Graphic and User Interface Design, Creative Code Solutions Inc. Aug.1999-Feb.2000
• 1 of 5 principals in a start-up Internet company specializing in web application development.
• Developed the business plan.
• Fundraised, procured real estate, set-up facilities, and worked on financial model.
• Designed corporate identity (typeface selection, color), marketing, and client service.
• Contract work was done for Continental airlines and mp3Player.com.
• The company was acquired in 2000 by Everything-eCommerce.
Lead Web Application Developer, Continental Airlines Advanced Technology Division Aug.1998-Feb.2000
• Designed the Continental Airlines and Continental Micronesia intranet sites.
• Designed, from concept to production, Continental's Featured Fares.
• Other infrastructure applications include: Sales Insight, Time Track, Intranet Res, and the developer knowledge base.
• Developed the basic workflows for Continental's ticket engine prototype.
• Worked closely with developers to create graphical web user interfaces in a software development environment.
• Worked with both client-side and server-side applications, using COM, DCOM, and ASP.
• Instituted design process standards for user interface/interaction design within the Advanced Technology Division.
• Lead creative sessions for the in-house design team.
Web Designer, Web Production Artist, Dynamic Diagrams 1997-1998
• Information design and interface design through web served SGML sites.
• Html and web graphics production.
• Information design.
• Web interface design.
Art Director, University Food Services 1996-1998
• In charge of food service advertising, event collateral, intranet site, menus, posters, and other printed materials.
Art Direction intern, Milici Valenti Ng Pack Advertising Inc. 1996 & 1997
• Production work on print ads, Internet sites, and helped creative teams with other agency accounts.
Senior Graphics Editor, for the Brown Daily Herald 1995-1997
• Supervised graphic editors and staff; responsible for coordinating graphic assignments, layout, content, Web graphics, and graphic work.
Staff Graphic Artist/Illustrator, for the Brown Daily Herald 1994-1995
• Hand illustrated editorial pieces, strip comics, and general graphic illustration assignments.
Graphic Designer, Sierra Student Coalition 1994-1995
• T-shirt designs, flyers, ads, and posters.
• Brown University Environmental mug design 1995
• Poster design: United Way goal chart for GE Capital Hawaii 1996
• Poster designs: 15 original designs for Continental Micronesia Airlines 1995
• Brown University Hawaii Club advertising chairperson 1994-1998
• Scholastic Arts Exhibition National Gold Key Award in graphic communication 1994
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
• University Food Services, student management supervisor 1995-1997
• University Food Services, student worker 1994-1995
• The GAP, sales associate 1994-1995
• The Nature Company, sales associate at 1992-1994
• Adobe: Illustrator, Photoshop, Pagemaker, Premiere, Streamline, Acrobat
• Maya 4.5
• Macromedia: Flash, Freehand, Dreamweaver, Director, Homesite
• Microsoft: Visual Interdev, Front Page
• Miscellaneous: Quark Xpress, Type Styler, GO LIVE Cyber Studio, Homesite, Visual Cafe, CVS, Visual Source Safe, Visual Cafe, Toad
References available upon request.
Click here for a text version